MLPCA Executive Director
- Maintain a professional and cooperative climate at all times both within the Executive Office and as a representative of the association to organizations, elected officials, lobbyists, and the general public
- Perform duties and provide assistance as requested by the president and Executive Board
- Maintain regular communication with the Executive Board and committees members
Carry out ongoing responsibilities, including:
- Maintain the permanent address for the association
- Respond to mail correspondence, telephone calls, emails, and fax inquiries in a timely manner
- Make deposits & forward receipts to Treasurer in a timely manner
- Assist in creating and maintaining an accurate database of MLPCA members and LPCs in Mississippi
- Assist the Executive Board in strategic planning and membership recruitment
- Assist PR Committee with managing MLPCA website, newsletter, and other publications
- Develop and maintain a Policies and Procedures Manual for MLPCA, including reviewing and updating the responsibilities of committee chairs and officers via historical records and MLPCA bylaws
- Assist in efficient transition from retiring Executive Board members to new board members
- Attend & make regular reports in quarterly Executive Board meetings
Assist with MLPCA continuing education offerings, including:
- Initiate application process and maintain NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) status for MLPCA
- Serve as ACEP Administrator and insure MLPCA is in compliance with the NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy and coordinate any records NBCC requires for the three year audit
- Assist Continuing Education committee in planning & facilitating annual conference and other workshops offered by MLPCA
- Implement sign in/out system for continuing education events that allows the most effective record keeping and ease to attendees
- Assist in planning Executive Board strategic planning retreat
- Insure all events project the professional MLPCA image and make sound economical use of MLPCA financial and speaker resources
- Preference will be given to current Licensed Professional Counselors in the state of Mississippi, current MLPCA members and /or AMHCA members
- Applicant must be well organized, attentive to detail, and task oriented
- Previous work experience including knowledge of membership development and operation of general office equipment is recommended
- Applicant is required to have strong technological skills; including, but not limited to the ability to operate and use Microsoft Office and Publisher and operate and implement software to maintain membership data, etc.
- The applicant selected for hire must be willing to consent to a background check
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. MLPCA provides the Executive Director with work-related travel expenses and supplies. The person chosen to fill this position must provide an approved and appropriate office space. The current annual salary range $5,000 to $6,000 a year based on experience and responsibilities.
Applications will be accepted through September 19, 2018. Interviews will be conducted with the expected hire date of October 1, 2018. A letter of interest, resume, and 2 professional references must submitted to:
Martha Rosado, MLPCA President
203 Hunters Ridge Drive
Clinton, MS 39056
Mississippi College Student Counseling Center
MC Student Counseling Center is currently taking applications for a part-time contract counselor.
Please apply online at https://www.mc.edu/offices/human-resources/employment?rID=1384
Private Practice Opportunity
Eleanor Watson is looking for an LPC to take over her counseling practice in Calhoun County. Preference given to those interested in community involvement. Office is ready to go. Counselor will need to be a provider for Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield and others including Magellanhealth. She is looking for someone to takeover by 2nd week in August.
Please contact Eleanor Watson @903 277 1151 or email@example.com
Oxford Treatment Center in Etta, MS is currently seeking TWO seasoned LPCs to see a caseloads around 10 patients. As of right now, the schedule is from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. See the posting on American Addiction Center career board located here. The pay is good and based on the experience of the therapist.
For more information, please contact :
Mark Stovall, CAT, CMHT